This intensive training course is designed to be your “boot camp” in short term missions training. You will receive instruction by experienced missionaries. Having completed this course, the student will be well prepared for his first international short term assignment. The student will be knowledgeable about current world missions and gain a higher motivation and a deeper sense of call to world missions. Topics include:
SHORT-TERM MISSIONS PREPARATION
- Learn to prepare yourself spiritually as well as logistically for your short term mission trip. Discover the real goal and vision for such an endeavour along with practical preparation such as funds, packing and much more.
- North Americans travelling internationally must maintain a high level of vigilance regarding personal security in order to protect their members and complete their missions.
- Learn and practice basic vocabulary of words and phrases that will be a great help to you and the Spanish/French speaking countries.
- Community health in a foreign land From hand washing techniques to blood pressure monitoring, and understanding bacteria and viruses.
- Thorough study of malaria, ebola, typhoid fever, etc.
- How to survive well physically on the mission field, precautions, basic medications, etc.
- Learn innovative, cutting edge methods for raising support and funds.
- Micro projects such as poultry farming, goat farming, vegetable farming (food tunnel) will be demonstrated and explained which can then be brought to the mission field to teach.